Join us every Wednesday from 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 pm in Enarson Room 311.
- August 31 – Kickoff Meeting / Scavenger Hunt
- September 7 – Summer Internship Panel w/ Keilah Thompson, Meimei Tannehill, Ally Gozum, & Jane Parry
- September 14 – PR Campaigns 101 & Crisis Communication w/ Gillain Janicki & Hannah Schuller
- September 21 – DE&I Discussions in PR w/ Toya Spencer
- September 28 – PR Communications w/ Dorcas Taylor Jones
- October 5 – Managing Viral Trends & Social Media Influencers 101 w/ Ben Campbell & Logan Hickman
- October 12 – Fall Break – No Meeting
- October 19 – Making Communication Count w/ Dinah Adams
- October 26 – Washington D.C. Trip – No Meeting
- November 2 – Entering the Corporate PR World w/ Madi Wojtowicz
- November 9 – Mentorship Mixer Event
- November 16 – Trivia Night w/ Prizes
- November 23 – Thanksgiving Break – No Meeting
- November 30 – Social Media Operation w/ OSU’s Social Media Team
- December 7 – TBD
Do you want to network with professionals in New York City?
As a member of OSU PRSSA, you will be granted the opportunity to travel to Chicago or New York City for networking purposes. While on this trip, you will find yourself visiting various agencies that align with your desired career path. This is a wonderful opportunity to bond with fellow PRSSA members, and make connections outside of Ohio that could later on lead to potential internships and/or a career. The Chicago trip will take place in November, and the New York City Trip will take place in January. Keep an eye out for additional information.
PRSSA visits the Windy City
In November, PRSSA members had the opportunity to travel to Chicago for a three-day trip. In Chicago, members had the opportunity to network with professionals from the Chicago Cubs, Rise Interactive, Edelman, Pinterest, and more! Besides networking, our members connected with DePaul’s PRSSA members and explored the city.
Do you want to network with professionals and other PRSSA students from across the country and the world?
Every year, the national chapter of PRSSA hosts an International Conference which hosts members of PRSSA from chapters around the country as well as professionals with insight on the industry. International has been hosted in locations like Boston, Austin and San Diego. This year looks a little different, because ICON 2021 is completely online! This means international conference will be even more accessible this year.
If you’re interested in either of these travel opportunities, agency tours and other activities hosted by PRSSA, it is important that you rack up some points! Below are point values that show how each active, paying PRSSA member can earn opportunities for all of our PRSSA activities. Having points is not a guarantee you wil receive and opportunity but it does give you a leg up when certain experiences are limited to a certain number of members. If you are interested in how many points you have and how to get more, reach out the email@example.com
Worth 1 point
- Attending weekly PRSSA meetings
- Bringing a friend to a PRSSA meeting
Worth 2 points
- Every hour of work for the PRactice
Worth 3 points
- Attending a PRSSA event that is not an official meeting
- Attending a PRSSA fundraiser
- Writing a blog post
- Volunteering at a PRSSA booth or tabling event
Worth 4 points
- Subcomittee member
- Participation in the PRSSA mentorship program
Worth 5 points